Not many people can say that their apartment uses zero fossil fuels, but that will be you when you choose this light-filled, environmentally friendly unit! The building is in an idyllic setting on Snyder Hill, only minutes from Cornell.
We’ve updated the unit with energy retrofitting and completely replaced the kitchen, bath, and exterior deck. Check out the pictures, or scroll down for more details.
A few reasons you’ll love living here:
- Upstairs entry to a new extended balcony and front entry.
- Energy efficient appliances and washer dryer in the basement.
- Brand new (open-plan) kitchen with stylish cabinetry, apron sink, and ecoquartz counters made from recycled glass.
- Adjacent living room with slanted ceiling and charming dormer windows.
- Beautiful new bathroom with tub and shower.
- Three bedrooms and one extra room (den, office, playroom, etc).
- Garage parking for one vehicle with ample additional parking in circular drive.
- Huge corner lot for serene views and outdoor play, with mature trees.
- Fenced in veggie garden area for your green thumb.
- Quiet forested neighborhood with beautiful historic homes to both sides.
- Cozy apartment is filled with nook-like spaces.
About the Building:
This house is a 1954 Cape Cod style house of about 2500 square feet located on 1.33 acres of lawn, mature trees, and attractive landscape beds. It’s set amongst other properties on similar large lots on top of a broad rolling hillside with long views over Ellis Hollow – the valley through which Cascadilla Creek runs. This offers the option for a true country living experience with kids and dogs playing in the grass. Or just grown-ups playing in the grass! There’s plenty of space to extend the gardens, do raised beds etc (and there is a small deer-fenced area now that could be used for vegetable gardening).
It’s about a ten minute drive to Cornell or downtown Ithaca, or about a twenty minute walk to the TCAT bus stop on Ellis Hollow Drive at the bottom of the hill. So it’s a very short car commute, or a tolerable walk/bus commute for someone fairly committed to that.
The grounds are shared between two units with separate entrances: downstairs, and the upstairs unit listed here. There’s a two car garage (one spot per unit) and if tenants are interested, we would be willing to fit a charger for an electric or plugin-hybrid car there.