Not many people can say that their home uses zero fossil fuels, but that will be you when you choose this light-filled, spacious, environmentally friendly apartment! The building is in an idyllic setting on Snyder Hill, only minutes from Cornell, East Hill Plaza and downtown Ithaca. You can have it all — convenient commuting, access to Ithaca’s beautiful gorges and natural trails, and peace and quiet in a rural setting just minutes from all that Ithaca has to offer.
Our state-of-the-art pellet boiler uses wood pellets from recycled shavings, delivering heat and hot water efficiently and on-demand. A 21.5 kW solar array reduces electricity demand, and additional electricity is purchased exclusively from renewable energy sources.
A few reasons you’ll love living here:
- Beautiful oak flooring in living, dining, master bed, and halls; handsome ceramic tile flooring in kitchen.
- Large, light filled living room with attractive window features and brick fireplace for cozy winter nights
- Sunny, cottage-style kitchen with solid wood cabinetry, gorgeous black granite countertops, breakfast bar, and energy efficient appliances.
- Large, airy master bedroom with 10 windows and master bath with whirlpool tub/shower
- Spacious second bedroom or office with second bathroom with custom shower.
- Second bathroom also accessible at back entrance hallway.
- Two entries, front door entry into living room, and back door into hall, bath and kitchen
- Large sunny deck accessible through French doors from dining room, perfect play area for children, outdoor dining, and entertaining.
- Spacious, open plan, living room leads into dining, making a generous space for living and entertaining.
- One in-garage parking spot and plenty of room for more cars in the huge, circular driveway
- Enormous corner lot with extensive lawn, majestic mature trees, and a high, tree screen of pines separating you from the neighbors to the west
- Close to Cornell and vet school, 5 mins by car, 10 biking
- Quiet, attractive neighborhood with gracious houses to either side of the property
We are renting this unit for $1690/month on a 12 month lease starting August 1st, all utilities included. A security deposit of $1690 is required. Well behaved pets are welcome for an additional fee of $25 per month.
Contact us for showing.
About the Building:
This house is a 1954 Cape Cod style house of about 2500 square feet located on 1.33 acres of lawn, mature trees, and attractive landscape beds. It’s set amongst other properties on similar large lots on top of a broad rolling hillside with long views over Ellis Hollow – the valley through which Cascadilla Creek runs. This offers the option for a true country living experience with kids and dogs playing in the grass. Or just grown-ups playing in the grass! There’s plenty of space to extend the gardens, do raised beds etc (and there is a small deer-fenced area now that could be used for vegetable gardening).
It’s about a ten minute drive to Cornell or downtown Ithaca, or about a twenty minute walk to the TCAT bus stop on Ellis Hollow Drive at the bottom of the hill. So it’s a very short car commute, or a tolerable walk/bicycle/bus commute for bicycle enthusiasts.
The grounds are shared between two units with separate entrances: upstairs, and the downstairs unit listed here. There’s a two car garage (one spot per unit) and if tenants are interested, we would be willing to fit a charger for an electric or plugin-hybrid car there.